"Bharat Sanskriti Utsav" - Solo Show
On December 28th, 2022, Arpan Dance Academy Director Bratati Saha presented a solo Kathak showcase at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, in Kolkata, India.
The solo performance was organized on the behalf of the Hindusthan Art & Music Society.
The event was sponsored by the Department of India's Ministry of Culture, and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
'Dikshante' - Ranga Mancha Pravesh
On Sunday, January 16th, 2021, Arpan's very own Harshita Chaudhari and Bela Palankar showcased their talents and dedication through their Rang Mancha Pravesh spectacle 'Dikshante'.
A 2-hour program, Harshita and Bela shared stories of Krishna & Radha and the grandness of Thumri & Gat Bhav, all through their swift spins, graceful gestures, and majestic footwork.
Held virtual due to Covid-19 safety, seeing Harshita and Bela's blood, sweat, and tears create a beautiful work of art is empowering for all of us here at Arpan.
We look forward to what these performers will do in their future artistic endeavors!
World Dancers Olympiad 2022 Awards
Congratulations to performers Harshita Chaudhari and Bela Palankar for their excellence in the World Dancers Olympiad 2022—an international online dance contest.
Among dancers from across the world, the duet won 2nd Place in the Senior Kathak category! This is a truly tremendous achievement, combining both Harshita and Bela's efforts, and Arpan's Director Bratati Saha.
We are exceptionally proud of these Arpan seniors to represent us on an international scale, and are truly excited for what the duet will achieve in the future.
Bharat's Got Talent 2020 Awards
Three cheers to Arpan Students!: Ishan Saha , Pritha Saha , Adrita Pal, and Akshita Pal
Four of them were recognized with awards including the Best Talented Dancer and Performer Award at the Bharat's Got Talent classical dance competition in the Kathak Category.
Director Bratati Saha was also awarded the "Natya Sree Award" from Indian film screen writer, actor, and director Harish Shankar.
Bharat Sanskrati Utsav - 2020 International Winners
This was 13 day-long International Festival, along with an international dance competition. 5 groups participated on behalf of Arpan Dance Academy, and successfully won the 5 best awards in different categories!
Harshita Chowdhury and Bela Palankar (1st position) – Duet Kathak Dance (Senior Category)
Ishan Saha (1st position) - Solo Kathak Dance (Senior Category)
Shilpi Shah (1st position) - Solo Semi-classical dance
Sabrine Ahamed (3rd position) - Solo Semi-classical dance
Pritha Saha (3rd position) - Solo Kathak (Senior Category)
Embassy of India Kathak Masterclass
Led by director Bratati Saha, Arpan Dance Academy led a series of four kathak dance masterclasses over a month, as part of the"Learn From The Master Series", on behalf of
the Embassy of India, Washington DC.
Here are some of our major performances over the years.
- IDEA's presentation at Wolf Trap Auditorium -"The Barns" on Oct'2014
- "Tomari Ragini" Kathak Dance performances with Live Orchestra ( March, 2014)
- Showcase Performance at North American Telugu Conference (Apr, 2014)
- International language Day at Bangladesh Embassy, DC (Feb, 2014)
- Rhythm of India - Annual Recital of Arpan ( Oct, 2013)
- Kathak dance drama "Tin Kanya" in Kolkata, INDIA with live orchestra ( Aug, 2013)
- 33rd Ambassador Ball at Washington, DC ( September, 14, 2011)
- IDEA Living Dance Festival ( Oct 29, 2011)
- Gandhi Temple at Bethesda, MD ( May, 2011)
- World Children Festival - Washington, DC ( June, 2011)
- AKKA World Kannada Conference 2010 at Edison, NJ
- Washington DC Fringe Festival with group of musicians in 2009
- Guest Artist in Indian Cultural Show organized by Deutsch-Indischen Gesellschaft (Indo- German Society ), Nuremberg, Germany in 2000
- North American Bengali Conference ( Bongo Sommelan, Houston, TX in 2006) – -Solo performance in The Closing Ceremony.
- Showcase performance at International Women Peace Conference at Dallas, TX 2007
- Guest Artist at Immo Buhl Dance Company, Germany in 2000
- Performance at University of North Texas in 2002
- India Fest in Norfolk, VA - Oct 2010
- Asian Fest in Reston, VA - 2010
- Freedom Fest, Brambleton, VA -2010
- Academy of Indian Arts and Culture, VA - 2010
- Showcase performance in Star Heritage India Festival, Dulles, VA - 2010
- India Night at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX -2010
- India Night at Southern Methodist University at Dallas, TX - 2010
- International Night in Leesburg, VA -2010
- International Night in Alexandria, VA - 2010
- Wolf Trap Festival, VA - 2009
- Diwali Mela, Dallas, TX -2009
- India Night at SMU, Dallas, TX -2009
- Star Heritage India Festival - 2009
- Showcase performance by Bengali Cultural Organization "Sanskriti" in MD - 2009
- Showcase Performance at JFK Museum, Dallas, TX -2009
- Academy of Indian Arts and Culture, VA - 2009
- Academy of Indian Arts and Culture, VA - 2008
- Asian Fest in Dallas, TX - 2002 & 2003Irving Arts Center Performance Dallas, TX - 2002, 2004, 2005 & 2006